Monday, April 16, 2012

Mucking about with acrylics

I was inspired by an SCVWS workshop I took with Jaya King recently. I've been trying to have more fun with my art and think outside the box a little.
My friend Sue, and I, decided we would try out some of the ideas for surface textures described in "Surface Treatment Workshop" a book by Darlene Olivia McElroy and Sandra Duran Wilson. So here are a couple of crazy experiments with acrylics and foil. I've no idea what I'll do with them, but we had a lot of fun just trying a few different things!

This piece is acrylic paint and rubbing alcohol, bleach pen spots, a few collaged bits, and some mark making.

This foil piece was interesting to create - trying to find different textures to rub the foil over. I was most impressed by the "moonscape" rubbings which are actually from the suckers on the back of a bathmat! The gel takes a long time to dry, so I won't get to paint it for some time. It needs a lot more work.

No comments: